The Human Touch at the core of our strategy
HR-Manager to Teleperformance Nordic in Gothenburg
What makes Teleperformance a unique place to work? Teleperformance is resolutely focused on the future while placing the human touch and emotional intelligence at the heart of its strategy. Only a human touch can offer unique and meaningful interactions for consumers and, above all, our employees. We need the right people, in the right place, at the right time. This creates a lot of opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world. TP is a company of people serving other people by helping them find solutions to their daily problems.
At Teleperformance, you will collaborate with your colleagues from all around the world to create solutions for the world's leading companies to help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. This is your chance to be part of a success story.
You are very passionate about people and thrive working closely with managers and employees. You have a generalist HR profile and are highly motivated to work with a people-first mindset that prioritizes us being simpler, faster and safer. You are also able to work in a very international and diverse environment with many different stakeholders. Finally, you are able to deal with complexity and can overcome challenges and difficult situations.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow as you drive our objective to be the preferred employer in the market: Teleperformance is focusing on developing a Great Place to Work® ecosystem: being the best employer in the sector is essential in order to hire, train and retain the best people.
Employees are the cornerstone of Teleperformance’s success.
The company is committed to becoming the employer of choice in each market, with dedicated programs covering employee commitment, wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, human rights, training and career development, as well as health and safety. Teleperformance offers good career opportunities, and you will be able develop into a wide range of exciting roles. We offer an attractive Compensation and Benefit package.
Based in Gothenburg, Sweden, reporting to the Nordic Chief Human Resources Officer, you will help to support our business in all important HR matters. In close cooperation with the Nordic HR-team, your responsibilities will include to:
- Facilitate, coordinate and drive HR-processes across the board on the ground in Gothenburg, based in global processes and local requirements – and in dialogue with local management.
- Support managers and employees on local HR-processes and facilitate activities across the board in alignment with the overall HR-strategy, including cooperating, coordinating, and supporting colleagues in other Centers of Excellence, such as Recruitment, Development, Leadership, and Compensation & Benefits.
- Ensure HR compliance, safeguard employee relations, maintain frameworks and company policies aligned with the Work Environment legislation in Sweden.
- Provide local HR support and advice to management and employees.
- Collaborate with our nearshore and offshore HR teams to ensure all processes and administration is in alignment with global standards and local requirements.
- Work closely with HR colleagues in the Nordic countries, securing assimilation into local processes, policies, culture, working environment and safeguarding compliance with legislation.
- Maintain and develop HR handbooks and policies, ensuring these are up to date and aligned with global standards.
- Leading the local HR-team with one or several direct reports.
- Follow up and further develop our Employee Engagement policy, plan and activities.
- Assist with HR reports to the Nordics and Global market regions.
- Be a driving force in our commitment to be a Great Place to Work®.
- Work closely with our local Union representatives to collaborate and negotiate in line with our collective union bargaining agreement “Call/contactcenter och marknadsundersökningsföretag”
Desired Skills and Experience
- Education at master’s degree-level in HR, business management or similar, with a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in an operational HR role as a manager.
- Able to navigate dilemmas, paradoxes and solving problems.
- Analytical mindset where you can both understand our business and people.
- Experienced and knowledgeable with Swedish Labor law, HR Admin processes, policies and procedures.
- Experienced in union relations and negotiations.
- Ability to confidently prioritize and manage several ongoing processes at any given time.
- Capable of working with a wide range of people and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swedish.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Teleperformance is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion are part of our core values, and key to our success. Our High-touch strategy aims to boost employee happiness and help us stand out as a forward-looking company. With over 40 years of experience in connecting brands with their customers, Teleperformance is a market leader in providing high value-added services to well-known global brands, offering solutions in customer experience, back-office, and knowledge services. Learn more about Teleperformance at http://teleperformance.com/.